A Toscana Rosso From Aldi
Aldi will be selling the Benedetto Rosso Toscana in stores beginning October 5th, 2022. This tuscan red wine will be an Aldi Find so it is most likely only around for a limited time.
Toscana Rosso is a IGT designation for a wine that is produced in Tuscany but does not fit into another category like Chianti (according to tastings.com). I am assuming that this Rosso Toscana is just another way of writing Toscana Rosso.
The Benedetto brand of wines is not an Aldi Exclusive brand but I do not see this specific bottle of wine listed on their website so it may only be available at Aldi.
Benedetto has a Chianti that comes in a similar bottle and had a good review from tastings.com. It looks like Benedetto is on the budget side of wines but that is what I expect to find at Aldi and what I prefer to buy myself.
This is a red wine that should pair well with roasted or grilled meats, strong cheeses, or spicy sausages.
Aldi Benedetto Rosso Toscana Details
- Price: Depends on location
- Available: 10/5/2022 (not available in all locations)
- Size: 1.5 Liters
- Tuscan Red Wine: Intense ruby red color.
- Aldi’s Description: “Vinous, delicate, distinctive, with typical hints of violet, red berries and spicy notes. The taste is warm, round, full-bodied and persistent. Particularly suited to accompany grilled meats, roasts and mature cheeses.”
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Vintage: Looks to be 2020 from the bottle but I am not sure on that
- Aldi Product Code: 706081