Aldi’s Big Box of Meat for $65
Aldi’s Grill Master Collection is back just in time for the summer and father’s day. This big box of meat will be available as an Aldi Find the week of 6/8/2022 for $64.99. You will find it in the freezer section and it includes 7.37 pounds of meat in various cuts. For just under sixty five bucks you will get six steaks (three different cuts), two pork chops, eight burgers, and two chicken breasts. This box is perfect if you are having a big get together and want to have a variety of meats for people to choose from or just grill one or two at a time.
Aldi’s Grill Master Collection Details
- Price: $64.99 (2022, prices may vary)
- Total weight: 7.37 pounds of meat (beef, chicken, pork)
- Steak (52oz/3.25lbs total): two 10-oz. USDA Choice Boneless Beef Ribeye Steaks, two 10-oz. USDA Choice Boneless Beef New York Strip Steaks, two 6-oz. USDA Choice Bacon-Wrapped Beef Top Sirloin Steaks
- Pork (16oz/1lb): two 8-oz. Boneless Pork Chops
- Beef Burgers (36oz/2.25lbs): eight 4.5-oz. Beef Burgers
- Chicken (14oz/0.875lbs): two 7-oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts with Rib Meat
- Located in the freezer section
- Aldi Product Code: 704746
Is the Grill Master Collection at Aldi a Good Deal?
With a variety of meats like this you first have to decide if you actually want all the cuts that are included. If you wouldn’t buy or use these cuts it probably doesn’t make sense to buy the box. Now looking at the actual price for the box you are paying $64.99 for 7.37 pounds of meat. This comes out to $8.82 per pound. That is a pretty good price if you are getting all steaks but this box also includes, pork, burgers, and chicken.
If we look at buying basically the same items at Aldi (using instacart for pricing) to compare the price we get:
- 20 oz Choice Ribeye ($12.49/pound): $15.61
- 20 oz Choice Strip($12.49/pound): $15.61
- 12 oz Bacon Wrapped Steak ($13.12/pound): $9.84
- 36 oz Beef Burgers ($4.00/pound): $9.00
- 16 oz Pork Chops ($4.39/pound): $4.39
- 14 oz Chicken Breast ($3.99/pound): $3.49
- Total: $57.94
All these prices are assuming buying from Aldi in the fresh meat section (not frozen). You may have to buy a package that is bigger than just 2 chicken breasts or pork chops to get this price per pound. The total price for buying all of these from Aldi in the fresh meat section would be $57.94 or about $7.05 cheaper than buying the box. This doesn’t account for the possibility of the box being a higher quality meat. You also may need to buy larger packages for some of the items but I choose the smaller packages when possible. The steaks are also choice beef but the bacon wrapped steak is a Chuck Tender Filet in the fresh section at Aldi and Top Sirloin in the box.
The extra price may be worth it if you want already frozen meat or it is convenient to get a variety all at once. The box is also probably better for a gift if that is what you are using it for. I generally prefer to pickout my own steaks and I like buying fresh instead of frozen.
The Grill Master Collection Reviews
Excellent quality and variety!
Had a party for 18. Cut the steaks in half, they were good sized. Everyone loved their choices!
Grill Master collection
This is my second time purchasing it. FABULOUS!!!! This is my go to meat purchase. Quality is equal if not better to Omaha. Sad that I can’t always find it when I need meat, but buy it the minute I see it at my Aldi.