Aldi Espresso Machine
Aldi will have the Ambiano Single-Serve Espresso Machine available the week of December 12th, 2022. Just in time to give you a little extra pep in your step for the holidays. It will be selling for $79.99 as an Aldi Find.
Aldi is a little light on the details for this Ambiano Espresso Maker but what we do know is it comes in black or navy and will brew a single serving of either espresso (1.35 oz) or lungo (3.38 oz).
Lungo is italian for long and a espresso lungo is brewed like an espresso but with more water, and over a longer period of time.
This espresso machine comes with a removable 1 liter tank which makes it easy to fill. A full tank should last a while since the brews are fairly small.
An espresso from this machine is about 40 mL which means you could get up to 25 espressos per tank. And the larger espresso lungo is about 100mL, so the tank could make up to 10 lungos before a refill.
Aldi also has a Stovetop Espresso Maker / Moka Pot Coffee Maker if you are looking for a bit more traditional. It brews a strong coffee that is sometimes called espresso although it is a bit different.
What We Don’t Know
Aldi does not list some potentially important details about the Ambiano Single-Serve Espresso Machine. First and most importantly is whether this is a traditional espresso machine or a pod machine like the Nespresso.
Aldi did sell a very similar looking espresso machine earlier this year that I believe is the same or at least similar to this one. That machine apparently uses the original line of Nespresso pods (not the vertuo) and I expect this one will as well.
Here is a good reddit thread and review of that version of the Ambiano Single Serve Espresso Machine. According to users on there it works pretty well and has a storage compartment where the used pods are dumped so you don’t have to empty it everytime.
I expect it is at least very similar if not the same model but I can’t be sure at this point. Many people were able to pick this up at a deep discount on clearance. If you were lucky enough to have picked up the double wall espresso cups they would go perfect with this machine.
What Else Do I Need To Use It?
I am assuming this unit uses Original Style Nespresso Pods but check the packaging and instructions for full details. If that is the case you will need some Original Nespresso Pods, a reusable capsule if you want to use your own coffee grounds, and a milk frother or steamer if you don’t want straight espresso.
- INDULGENT FLAVORS: This assortment of Nespresso Vertuo coffee pods contains a variety of Nespresso capsules: 10 Caramello, 10 Cioccolato , 10 Vaniglia
- Contains 5 boxes of 10 Nespresso compatible coffee capsules to make 50 cups total
- NEW LOOK, NEW NAME, SAME GREAT TASTE: This Nespresso OriginalLine espresso coffee pod pack contains best-selling Nespresso capsules (10 each) Capriccio, Ispirazione Roma, Ispirazione Genova Livanto,…
Ambiano Espresso Machine Details
- Price: $79.99 (2022, prices may vary)
- Available: 12/7/2022
- Color options: Black or Navy
- Brews one of two Preset sizes: espresso (1.35 oz, 40 mL) or lungo (3.38 oz, 100mL)
- One liter, removable water tank for easy refills
- Aldi Product Code: 706100
Is It A Good Deal?
I am going to assume that the Ambiano Single Serve Espresso Machine uses Nespresso pods instead of being a traditional espresso maker using ground coffee. Nespresso machines tend to cost over $100 when not on sale.
You can find other alternative brands that also are compatible with the nespresso pods a bit cheaper. The Mixpresso machine looks like a good alternative with good reviews. It is in a similar price range as the Ambiano.
If you are looking for a Nespresso machine you should at least consider the Ambiano Single Serve Espresso machine at regular price but keep an eye out for it on clearance!
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- STEAM BREWING: Powerful steam-brewing process makes dark, rich espresso, great for making Cuban coffee;MEASURING SCOOP: Measuring scoop for easy coffee scooping and leveling
- SAINLESS STEEL FROTHING PITCHER: Stainless steel frothing pitcher for steaming and frothing milk
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of…
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE and ESPRESSO MACHINE: Single serve coffee or espresso at the touch of a button. Innovative programs and features such as 25 sec heat up and energy saving automatic shut off.
- COFFEE FOR EVERY OCCASION: Brew better coffee at home with Nespresso’s coffee espresso machine. Drink your coffee bold, mild hot, or iced.
- Barista grade: Nespresso Inissia by De’Longhi offers an impeccable single-serve coffee or espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and patented extraction system which delivers up to…
- Speed: In just one touch, ideal water temperature is reached in 25 seconds and you are ready to make 9 single-serve cups of coffee without having to refill the 24 ounce tank
- Versatile and smart coffee machine: Adjustable cup size with two programmable espresso and Lungo buttons. A folding drip tray accommodates larger single-serve cup sizes and recipes
Ambiano Single Serve Espresso Maker Reviews
Breaksdown easly…stops making espresso after few uses
picked up on deep discount $20
for $20, this is a great machine and works well enough with nespresso-compatible pods. takes up more space then the original pixie but this is what one gets for $20.
No. I Cafilas does Not work in the Aldi single serve
Bought the reusable ICafilas capsule and it obviously will not work. The machine tries to puncture it which is not what is intended. I didn’t want to break the machine after getting a good deal on it so I’m going with oem nespresso capsules like Equine.
Wasted my money on that one.
First time espresso user
I am really pleased with the espresso from this machine, pumps at 19 bars for a good crema . It did not come with any original style pods, so I picked some up at my grocery store, did not have nespresso brand. The off brand did not sit right in the machine, I had to hold them in to close door properly. I will try to get some espresso brand and see if they work better.
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API