Aldi carries a variety of coffee throughout the year including a variety of different styles and types of brews. They carry coffee grounds, whole bean coffee, coffee pods, iced coffee, and cold brew coffee. Most of these are under Aldi’s Barissimo Coffee Brand and Aldi has two Barissimo Cold Brew Options right now.
The first is a seasonal item: Barissimo Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate (Original or Toasted Coconut). The second is an Aldi Finds item: Barissimo Cold Brew Ground Coffee (Dark or Medium Roast).
The concentrate is already brewed and just needs to be mixed with water or milk and it is ready to go. While the Cold Brew Ground Coffee is similar to your typical ground coffee but meant for brewing as a cold brew.
Aldi has sold Cold Brew coffee makers in the past but you can also use a French press with good results. And be sure to check out all of Aldi’s Coffee options since you can use standard coffee grounds to make cold brew. They also carry other brands of cold brewed coffee in the refrigerated section (typically not coffee concentrate).
Barissimo Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
You can find the Barissimo Cold Brew Concentrate on the shelf next to the coffee grounds (at least in my local store) instead of in the refrigerated section where you will find a lot of the Aldi Iced Coffee options. This coffee concentrate is a seasonal item (available summer 2023) meaning it will generally stick around for a few months at a time.
This summer it is available in both Original (non-flavored coffee) and Toasted Coconut Coffee (naturally flavored). Both options are brewed with 100% arabica coffee beans.
Since this is a Cold Brewed Coffee Concentrate it is meant to be mixed with something like milk (or milk alternative) or just watered down by mixing with water.
I tried the Original Version mixed with water and mixed with soy milk and it held up well in both tests. It had a strong enough coffee taste to not get too watered down at the recommended ratio of 1 part coffee to 2 parts water or milk. I have only tried it cold but it can also be served hot if you prefer. I personally like it a bit stronger so I use a little less water/milk when mixing, especially if using ice.
Aldi Cold Brew Concentrate Details
- Price: $7.99 (my local store price in 2023, prices may vary)
- Available: seasonal item: summer 2023 (Click here to check availability on instacart)
- Size: 32 FL OZ
- Makes eight 12 oz cups of coffee
- Recommended ratio: 1 part coffee concentrate to 2 parts water or milk
- Refrigerate after opening
- Non Gmo Project Verified
- Aldi Twice As Nice Guarantee
- COLD BREW COFFEE: This variety two-pack features super-smooth and delicious Starbucks cold brew coffee that’s easy to make at home with these multi-serve concentrate bottles
- STARBUCKS SIGNATURE BLACK: Our medium-roast Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate Signature Black is smooth with subtly sweet, chocolaty notes
- STARBUCKS MADAGASCAR VANILLA: This naturally flavored medium-roast cold brew coffee concentrate is smooth with a hint of creamy vanilla
- THINK OUTSIDE THE CUP! – Javy packs tasty, 100% arabica specialty coffee flavor into a glass bottle that is consistent with each and every pour. Every sip will taste like you’re drinking freshly made…
- SMART. SUSTAINABLE. STIMULATING – Quality comes first! Javy coffee concentrate is made of ultra-pure water, 100% arabica freshest beans and cacao extract sourced from small reliable farmers. There are…
- MAKE 35 CUPS WITH 80mg of CAFFEINE PER SERVING- In just one teaspoon there is 80mg of caffeine which is equivalent to one cup of coffee with a consistent flavor profile. Waking the morning zombie has…
- COLD BREW COFFEE: The super-smooth and delicious Starbucks cold brew coffee you love is easy to make at home with our multi-serve concentrate
- PERFECTLY DELICIOUS: Our medium-roast Starbucks Signature Black Cold Brew coffee is smooth with subtly sweet chocolaty notes
- IT’S EASY: We’ve cold-steeped our custom blend of coffee into this rich concentrate, so all you have to do is pour 4 fl. ounces over ice and add 4 fl. ounces of water
Barissimo Cold Brew Ground Coffee
I haven’t tried this coffee out yet and I don’t know what the difference between these coffee grounds and regular coffee grounds. I would expect that they choose the blend, roast, and grind to work well with cold brew but it could just be marketing for all I know! Other coffee brands have come out with similar coffees so I expect these is some difference behind it.
- Price: $5.99 (2023, prices may vary)
- Available: 8/9/2023 (Click here to check availability on instacart)
- Size: 12 oz (340 g)
- 100% Arabica Blend
- Ground Coffee
- The Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a durable BPA Free Tritan pitcher with an airtight lid and non-slip silicone handle. It produces 4 servings of smooth cold brew with any type of coffee grounds and…
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of…
- 【Safety Glass Pitcher 】 – This beverage pitcher is made of heavy duty, food grade soda-lime glass that is thick, strong, and resistant to breaking. It is also dishwasher safe and lead, cadmium,…
Barissimo Cold Brew Coffee Reviews
Please include the type of Cold Brew you are reviewing in the title of the review! Are you reviewing the Barissimo Cold Brew Grounds, Barissimo Cold Brew Concentrate, or some other Barissimo Cold Brew?
Barissimo Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate-Original
Very solid cold brew coffee with a strong coffee flavor. I like that I can choose to keep it a bit stronger by changing the ratio. Smooth and not too acidic. Is it the best cold brew I ever had? No, but it is something I could drink daily with no problem.
Last update on 2023-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API