Aldi French Press
Check your Aldi Finds Aisle for a classic coffee maker on a budget, the Crofton French Press. Aldi has multiple French Press styles that you might find throughout the year.
If you aren’t familiar with the french press it is an easy way to way a great cup of coffee without any disposable filter, pods, or cups. If you like iced coffee you will be happy to know that a french press is perfect for making cold brewed coffee. Try it out with Aldi’s Barissimo Cold Brew Coffee grounds.
Glass French presses are also a classy way to serve coffee at your fancy brunch and the Crofton Glass Coffee Mugs would really step up your coffee style.
It can be used as a filter for other drinks besides coffee as well, you can easily make loose leaf tea or a fruit infused water with it although you want to be careful of it transferring coffee flavor into other drinks or vice versa.
I recommend a temperature control electric kettle if you are going to be making a lot of French press coffee. It makes brewing at the correct temperature much easier.
If you are looking for a stronger cup of coffee you could check out Aldi’s Moka Coffee Maker.
Crofton Premium French Press
- Price: $14.99 (2023, prices may vary)
- Available: 10/25/2023
- Color: Matte Black or Rose Gold
- Brews up to 4 cups of coffee at once
- Modern design
- Size: 33.8 oz. (about 1 liter)
Crofton Classic French Press
- Price: $12.99 (2023, prices may vary)
- Available: 1/18/2023 (Previously available: 10/26/2022)
- Brews up to four (8oz) cups of coffee
- Modern design with classic look
- Colors: Pale Green, White, Lavender or Pink (Previous colors: Matte Black or Rose Gold)
- Volume: 33.8 oz.
Crofton Glass French Press with Bamboo Lid
- Price: $9.99 (2022- Prices may vary)
- Glass French Press with real bamboo lid
- Reusable Filter
- 33.8- fl oz (1 L) capacity
Generally a french press is going to last a long, long time (if you don’t drop it) and the only thing that may need to be replaced is the filter or gasket around the filter.
I have had a Bodum french press for many years and haven’t had to replace any parts.
If you plan on using a french press regularly I would pick up a Ambiano Electric Glass Kettle at the same time (or another electric kettle) if you don’t already have one. They are surprisingly handy to have especially if you make a lot of coffee (using french press or pour over brewers) or tea.
Is the Crofton Glass French Press a Good Deal?
Looking at the other options available I think the Crofton French press is going to be a pretty good deal at just under ten bucks, as long as you like the style. I think the glass with bamboo lid is a nice look and should last quite a while with occasional use.
There are two things that concern me though. First you may need to replace the filter or the gasket on the filter that gives a seal around the edges and it may be tough to find one that fits exactly.
This would be a concern for any off-brand press though and the replacement filter for my french press is $12+ on Amazon right now so you could buy two and have a backup for when the first wears out.
Second is the bamboo wood lid. Bamboo is generally durable and easy to clean but wood can expand and contract with moisture/humidity and being right over top of a hot pot of coffee is going to be a lot of humidity. This could cause the lid to not fit well or crack down the line.
Neither of these would big concern for me if I was looking to get one with how cheap it is. I am tempted to get one just for tea and other drinks as I don’t like mixing my coffee equipment with tea.
The French Press Competition
If price isn’t an issue or you know you are going to be using it a lot I would go with a insulated french press like the Bodum Columbia that I own. I really like this press, it keeps your coffee warm for a while, is easy to clean, won’t break easily, and you can buy replacement parts.
The downside is the price. You can get other insulated french presses but I don’t have experience with them one way or the other and suspect it may be tough to get new filters (probably won’t need for a few years unless you use it daily).
If you want to stick with glass I would probably go with one of Bodum’s cheaper offerings. You can get a press the same size as the Crofton for around for bit more than Aldi’s French press that looks nice and should be good quality. Going off-brand can cut the price down to about the same price as Aldi.
- ☕️ Sleek and stylish design: Our glass coffee press boasts an elegant and timeless design that will complement any kitchen decor. Its transparency allows you to see your coffee as it brews, adding…
- ☕️ Pure and authentic coffee taste: Glass French presses are preferred by many coffee enthusiasts because they preserve the coffee’s natural oils and flavors. Enjoy a rich and pure coffee taste…
- Brews 8 coffee cups which is equal to 1000 ml; includes plastic measuring spoon
- Durable heat resistant borosilicate glass carafe beaker sits in stylish insulated plastic frame which makes pouring coffee easier and prevent wobbling
- If you really care about your coffee – We tested enough mechanisms and filters to make your head spin to tweak and uniquely design our press with a triple layered filter structure to stop the…
- More thicker, More heavier, Built to last – Our huge capacity professional grade 304 18/10 double-layered stainless-steel baby will keep your coffee hot for 60 minutes longer than thinner steel and…
- Iconic French press coffee maker that brings out the full flavor and aroma of your brew.
- Carafe is made of non-stain, heat-resistant borosilicate glass that won’t alter or impair the coffee’s natural flavor.
- 【Ultrafine Filter】 The filter of this french press is made of very fine mesh, which effectively filters the coffee grounds and extracts the aromatic oils and subtle flavors of the coffee.
- 【Heat-Resistant Glass】This french press coffee maker is equipped with a heat-resistant borosilicate glass tumbler, a stylish PP frame that makes pouring coffee easier and prevents shaking.
Reviews of Crofton French Press
Please put down what year you purchased your French Press as the models may change year to year.
LOVE this French Press
I purchased this in March and I’m currently looking to buy another for my office, and an extra back up for when I inevitably drop or break the one I have now. I seriously love this french press. I drink both tea and coffee and have had no problems using this press for either. I soak the piece with baking soda in between each use to remove any odor/flavor from lingering and cross-contaminating my favorite drinks. I’ve used this french press for hot tea/coffee and cold brewed drinks and it works flawlessly with either. Simply preheat the piece with warm tap water while you wait for your water to boil to avoid breaking the glass. I’ve had no issues with the wood warping or glass breaking. The piece is so cute, affordable, and works so well. I hope Aldi will bring this back so I can stock up on 2 (or 5) more!
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API