Aldi Portable Air Cooler
This air cooler uses evaporative cooling and a fan to keep you nice and cool. It will be available the week of June 21, 2022 as and Aldi Find for $49.99. That is $30 less than last year’s model (looks to be the same model this year but can’t be certain).
Since it is an evaporative cooler you will need to add water to the 1.45-gallon tank before using. It also includes ice packs to cool it down a bit more.
With any evaporative cooler (also called a swamp cooler) it will increase humidity in the air as it cools it down. In some areas that could be a downfall because it won’t be as effective in high humidity areas. You also probably want to have some ventilation going through the area you are cooling since it will increase humidity.
If you live in a humid climate you are probably going to have better luck with a portable air conditioner or window AC unit because they will cool the air and reduce humidity.
EasyHome Portable Air Cooler
- Price: $49.99 (2023, prices may vary)
- Available: 6/21/2023 (previously available 7/27/2022)
- Reduces air temperature through water evaporation
- Three fan speeds: low, medium and high
- Three fan modes: normal, natural, sleep
- Timer options: 30 minutes, 1, 2, 4 hours
- Includes remote control and 4 ice packs
- Touch sensitive control panel
- Removable Filter included
- Low water alarm
- Swing function
- Built-in handles on the side to easily move it
- Four castors/rollers for easy transportation
- 1.45-gallon water tank
- Dimensions: 11.8 inch (W) x 29.1 inch (H) x 10.6 inch (D)
Is It A Good Deal?
If you have figured out an evaporative air cooler is what you need you will have to decide if the Easy Home Air Cooler is the right one for you. Unfortunately on the Aldi website there are not a lot of details about how much cooling this provides. Other models usually list a CFM or the square footage of the room it will cool. That makes it a little harder to make direct comparisons but there are a few options that look like they could be similar.
If you want to stay with a name brand option you can take a look at the Frigidaire Evaporative Cooler. You should also check out their map if you need to figure out if an evaporative cooler would work in your area. Another popular option is the hOmelabs Evaporative Cooler which claims to cool up to a 200 square foot room. They also show a map that is a bit different than Frigidaire’s so you may want to cross reference them if you aren’t sure if it would be good for your location.
- ❄【𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐍 𝟏】BALKO 3-IN-1 evaporative cooler combines a fan, air cooler, and humidifier in…
- ❄【𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐞 & 𝐓𝐨𝐩 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐥】This free-standing evaporative air cooler for room is equipped with a remote controller with fast…
- ❄【𝐃𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧】If you live in a dry climate, you’ll know how uncomfortable it can be during the hot summer months. Traditional AC…
- Portable Cooling: Enjoy free-flowing cooling air with a cooling area up to 7 ft. with this BLACK+DECKER portable desk fan cooler. Perfect for your desktop, home office, bedroom, kitchen, & anywhere…
- Three Speeds + Turbo: Enjoy three speeds on our desktop fan small cooler: Low, Medium, & High. Enhance your cooling with the “turbo” function. Choose how you like your air with your new desktop small…
- Water Tank & Run Time: This outstanding personal cooler (7.08” x 5.9” x 6.3″) has a 450mL water tank that runs up to 10 hours per refill. You decide the direction of your adjustable air vents.
- 【Remote Control】With an impressive range of 9.8ft, this remote allows you to command your personal air conditioner from anywhere in the room. Say goodbye to the hassle of getting up or reaching…
- 【Adjustable 3-Speed Fan】With three distinct wind speeds (low, medium, and high), you hold the power to choose the ideal airflow that suits your mood and keeps you comfortably cool. From a gentle…
- 【Rapid Cooling】Our mini air conditioner, featuring a high-performance motor and innovative air duct design, swiftly lowers the surrounding temperature by 41-45°F, delivering a robust and cool…
Easy Home Evaporative Cooler Reviews
Piece of junk
When I turned on the power for the first time the engine sputtered and choked and the not another sound. It doesn’t cool nor does the fan work. The pretty blue lights work though. They let me know everything that I wasn’t going to be able to do. Heading back to the store for a refund.
Better than a fan, stopped working after cleaning
Worked fine until I cleaned inside with diluted vinegar, it had some scum buildup from water. While it worked (2 months), it provided slightly better cooling than a fan and it needed refilled each night. Really wish it would have lasted longer, I liked the size and noise level. Paid $49.99
I got one of these
I got one of these used and it didn’t come with a manual. Could someone please share with me the operating manual? Thanks!
This is not the right way to do evaporative cooling!
You must use evaporative cooling on fresh incoming air, while exhausting an equal flow of humid air. If you just run it in your room, it will cool for a short time, then get humid and stop cooling effectively, and you will be in a hot steamy room. Mold will likely happen. Evaporative cooling is great when done well, in a HOT DRY CLIMATE. Southwest and West U.S.
I got these for a steal and love them.
First the downside, it uses a gallon and a half of water every 16-24 hours and the lights bounce around when off.
The good stuff is it is much cooler than a fan, easy to fill + clean, the sound is soothing, and while on you can turn the lights off to help sleep.
I use this anytime it is hot outside, I am feeling warm, and when I sleep.
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API