Just In Time For The Summer
This Aldi Find is perfect to keep your lemonade chilled in the summer or apple cider hot in the fall. The Crofton Double Wall Glass Pitcher looks great and keeps your drinks cool (or hot). Priced at $12.99 it is two dollars cheaper than last year.
The double walled glass design creates an insulating effect which keeps the outer wall from producing condensation with cold drinks or from getting hot to the touch with hot drinks. This lets you keep your drinks the way they were meant to be while still being able to see them.
Once the weather turns a bit cooler you could use this for warm mulled wine, hot apple cider, or even start using it for serving coffee with the matching coffee mugs.
Without a lid it is only going to keep your beverage hot for so long but it will be great for serving and better than a traditional pitcher without insulation.
Crofton Double Wall Glass Pitcher Details
- Price: $12.99 (2023- prices may vary)
- Available: 10/25/2023
- 2-quart (64 oz, 1.9 L) capacity
- Double walled construction keeps cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot
- No sweating with cold beverages
- Glass remains cool to the touch with hot drinks
Is Aldi’s Glass Pitcher a Good Deal?
Surprisingly there are not a ton of options to buy a double walled glass pitcher online and the ones that are available are much more expensive than the Crofton pitcher. I was able to find a few on Amazon and one on Williams Sonoma for about $80.
The pitchers I found on Amazon sell for a good bit more and tend to be smaller than the Crofton or Williams Sonoma. The two that I liked the best are the Stagg Double Wall Carafe and the Zwilling Sorrento Double Wall Carafe.
I like these mostly for the style. I think they look nice but they are a bit small. The Fellow Stagg Carafe has a lid and is meant for coffee so I think the size is better suited for coffee or tea and the lid will help maintain heat.
- STAGG DOUBLE WALL CARAFE – Brew your specialty coffee directly into the carafe with a pour-over dripper or use it to steep your favorite tea; This transparent carafe works great for cold brew, mixing…
- POUR & SERVE IN STYLE – Stagg Double Wall Glass Carafe’s beaker-inspired body elevates both function and form when brewing your handcrafted pour-over coffee
- HAND BLOWN GLASS – Strong and durable heat-resistant decanter; thick borosilicate glass helps maintain your coffee’s heat longer than your average glass carafe
- Time-tested German engineering meets Italian design
- Constructed of high quality, durable borosilicate glass
- Double wall maintains ideal drink temperature
The Crofton Double Walled Glass Pitcher looks to be a steal at just $12.99. Any thin-walled glassware is going to be a little fragile so I would be careful with it. I assume it is not dishwasher safe either. I will probably try to pick on up if they look/feel nice in the store. This post will be updated if I pick one up.
Reviews of Crofton Double Wall Glass Pitcher
Crofton Double Wall Glass Pitcher
Gorgeous pitcher, it’s just that the glass for the first layer is way too thin! I had the same experience with hand washing it and slightly taping the bottom of the pitcher against the bottom of the sink and it cracked. Now I’m going to diy the interior and seal the hole to the best of my ability!
extremely thin glass
I bought it on clearance for about $11.00 at Aldi. It’s large and beautiful, especially when full. The glass is extremely thin, though. While hand-washing it, I barely bumped the bottom against the sink. Poof.
Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API