Looking to keep your keto lifestyle on track without breaking the bank? Look no further than this Aldi Keto List. This budget-friendly grocery store is a goldmine for keto dieters, offering a wide range of low-carb, high-fat options that’ll keep you on the straight and narrow.
From fresh produce and quality meats to keto-friendly snacks and even premade meals, Aldi has got you covered. Read on to discover the top keto picks you won’t want to miss on your next shopping trip.
Aldi Keto Shopping List
I am not going to go through the details of the ketogenic diet or give any medical advice but if you aren’t familiar with keto it is a low carb diet with a high percentage of fat and moderate protein.
I am not going to give you weight loss advice or tell you how many grams of carbs or protein to eat each day. There are better places to get that info like the Mayo Clinic.
I am going to give you a list of the Aldi keto-friendly foods that can fit in the diet and you can figure out the portion size and how each fits into your diet.
Aldi Keto Snacks
For a store known for carrying a limited overall selection your local Aldi can be a great place to find the perfect keto snack.
They actually carry a decent amount of items that cater to specific diets including keto and low carb. These are great for a quick snack while sticking to a ketogenic diet.
Aldi has a variety of “Keto” labeled items that are typically low in net carbs but you can find a lot of other options if you check the nutrition labels.
The beef jerky at Aldi is pretty decent quality for the price but frequently has added sugar that can bump the carbs outside of a keto friendly range. My top picks are the Biltong and Zero Sugar Smoked Snack Sticks.
- Simms Smoked Beef Biltong
- Savoritz Cheese Crisps
- Pork rinds
- Beef jerky (watch for sugar)
- Panino tray
- Simms Turkey Sausage Snack Sticks
- Simms Zero Sugar Smoked Snack Sticks
- Elevation Keto Nut Bars
- OH SNAP! Dill Bites Multipack 6 pack
- Savoritz Almond Flour Cracker
Aldi Stores are known for a limited selection but great prices and that holds up for loading up your shopping fats and oils.
While Aldi does actually have a pretty wide selection of fats/oils to choose from you typically won’t have multiple brands of each.
You do however have some pretty good quality organic options.
My top pick is the CountrySide Creamery Irish Butter- it is grass fed and imported from Ireland. It is the only butter I keep stocked in my kitchen.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coconut oil
- CountrySide Creamery Irish Grass-fed butter
- Avocado oil
- Kerrygold butter (rarely available at Aldi anymore)
- Park Street Deli Guacamole
- Nuts (check for added sugar if flavored)
- Vegetable Oils
- Canola Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
Aldi doesn’t have as wide of a selection of produce as some other grocery stores but they have all of the most popular fruits and veggies.
Be sure to check the freezer section and deli section because they have some good quality veggies that are pre-prepped to make those weeknight dinners easier.
One good option for staying on the low-carb diet is to swap out your carbs with veggies. You can pick up riced cauliflower in the freezer section and make zucchini noodles pretty quick with a fresh zucchini.
- Mixed Greens
- Fresh Berries
- Any other low carb produce you like
- Season’s Choice Frozen Riced Cauliflower
Meat and Seafood
Check the fresh meat section along with the freezer section for plenty of meat options that can fit into your keto diet.
You will find all the typical grocery store cuts of meat along with the occasional specialty offering like Rack of Lamb, Whole Frozen Duck, Sushi Quality Frozen Tuna, and more.
In my experience the quality of Aldi’s meat has been pretty good overall but this can vary by location/region. I’ve found the pork, lamb, frozen duck, and fresh salmon to be pretty high quality for the price.
The beef and chicken are good value and I have never had an issue with them but I find I can often find better beef at Costco for just a bit more.
Premade Foods and Frozen Meals
I went through most of Aldi’s Frozen section and With any premade food or frozen meal you want to double check the ingredients and Nutrition Facts especially if multiple flavors or sauces are offered.
As with any premade meal you are going to want to check the nutrition label to see how many grams of protein, carbs, and fat are in a serving and balance your portion size.
- Canned tuna, salmon, chicken, sardines
- Rotisserie chicken
- Kirkwood Grilled Chicken Strips
- Park Street Deli Pork Carnitas
- Park Street Deli Chicken Fajitas
- Park Street Deli Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Park Street Deli Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Appleton Farms Grilled Chicken Strips or Fajita Chicken Strips
- Pre-cooked sausages
- Mussels In Garlic Butter Sauce
- Jimmy Dean Delights Egg’wich Breakfast Sandwiches
- WHOLE & SiMPLE Omelet Breakfast Bites
- Breakfast Best Meat Lovers Breakfast Bowl
- Kevin’s Natural Foods Cauli & Cheese
- Kevin’s Natural Foods Mashed Cauliflower
- Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Cauliflower Crust Pizza (Watch the carbs and serving size)
- Park Street Deli Olive Salad or Antipasti
- Specially Selected Panino Tray (deli meat wrapped around cheese)
Aldi has some of the best cheese around and it is even better considering Aldi’s low prices. The cheese options at Aldi rotate with the seasons so there is always something new to try.
They also have some unique items that fit nicely into the keto lifestyle like Cheese Wraps and Cheese Fries with no breading or coating. Of course they also carry the standard dairy products like butter, heavy whipping cream, yogurt, and cream cheese.
- CountrySide Creamery Irish Grass-fed butter
- Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- Happy Farms Cream cheese
- Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- Emporium Selection Cheese Wrap (5 oz, $4.75) (Folios Cheese Wraps Dupe)
- Emporium Selection Fries Cheese (8 oz, $3.85)
Keto Pantry Staples
You can stock up your pantry with low carb at Aldi at the best price. You can get the ingredients for your keto recipes and treats without going to multiple grocery stores.
If you need some more specific items or specialty stuff you may have to go to another store but Aldi does have some that you might not expect.
- Almond flour
- Chia seeds
- Canned coconut milk (not always available)
- Unsweetened Peanut butter
- Almond Butter
- Sea salt
- Herbs and Spices
- Sweet Additions Sucralose or Stevia
If you are just switching to a keto diet and are used to drinking sweet drinks like soda or Starbucks coffee you may need to find some alternatives to make the switch easier.
Flavored Sparkling Water can be a good alternative to soda or even beer/seltzer. If you are used to sweetened coffee drinks you can try out a few different options for your morning coffee.
Aldi carries no sugar coffee creamer although it may not always be available. You can also sweeten your drink with stevia or sucralose, flavor with cinnamon, and add creaminess with unsweetened Almond milk. Many keto dieters will make a Bulletproof Coffee which includes grass fed butter or ghee.
- Sparkling water (La Croix or Belle Vie)
- Coffee- My Top Picks from Aldi
- Unsweetened Almond milk
- Coconut Milk (watch the carbs)
Aldi Keto Bread and Baked Goods
Aldi has really made an effort to bring more keto options in the baked goods section.
They have bread with 0 g net carbs, low carb tortillas, keto bagels and more. Be sure to check out the Aldi Finds Section and the freezer section as well for limited time items like Aldi’s Cloudbread.
Condiments and Sauces
Add a few sauces and condiments to your cart to make sure your keto meals have flavor and variety so you can stick with it. I haven’t seen any Keto specific condiments at Aldi yet but if you stick to high fat and/or low carb options you can add a flavor boost to your meals.
- Soy Sauce
- Hot sauce (watch for carbs)
- Low Carb Salad Dressings (Check out the Avocado Ranch and Ginger Miso)
- Toasted Sesame Oil
Keto Friendly Breakfast Foods at Aldi
Aldi has all the usual keto friendly breakfast foods like bacon, eggs, sausage and cheese.
They even have keto friendly bagels if you are craving that bagel with cream cheese or lox.
While a keto diet can be a hard time if you have a sweet tooth Aldi has a sweet treat or two that can fit into your keto plan.
I am a big fan of their Organic Keto Coconut Clusters and Moser Roth Dark Chocolates.
You should also check the freezer section for the keto ice cream and the occasional Aldi Finds hidden gems.
- Moser Roth Dark chocolate (watch sugar and serving size)
- Sundae Shoppe Keto Ice Cream
- Benton’s Almond Flour Cookie
- Simply Nature Organic Keto Coconut Clusters
- Friendly Farms Coconut Whipped Topping
- Elevation Chocolate Almond Brownie Keto Bars
Shopping Keto At Aldi
For a grocery store with such a small selection Aldi really has some solid keto friendly options. Just like any other keto products don’t just see keto on the label and assume you can eat the whole package.
Things like the Keto Friendly Bread is meant to give you the option of still having some bread with low Net Carbs but there are still carbs that can affect your ketosis. Just watch the portion sizes, read the nutrition label, and stick to your own individual plan.
This post is not intended to be medical or dietary advice. Please consult your healthcare provider for diet/healthcare decisions.