Aldi’s German Week Is Coming Back!
It looks like Aldi’s Fall German Week will be back the week of 9/21/2022. For those of you who don’t know German Week at Aldi usually comes around twice a year and brings in a bunch of German themed (and often German Made) foods.
These German Products are very popular with many of Aldi’s shoppers and tend to sell out quick! Aldi is a German grocery store brand and the German foods from Aldi tend to be high quality and fairly authentic.
Most German week items will be labeled with the Deutsche Küche brand which Aldi US uses for most of their German food products. You will sometimes see some other Aldi brands like Specially Selected that have German themed items as well.
You will find many of the German Week items in the freezer section or Aldi Finds Aisle. There are also snacks, cookies, canned soups, pickles, sauerkraut, and cereal.
So make some room in the freezer AND pantry now so you have room to try all of Aldi’s German foods while they are in stock!
Some of my favorite German foods from Aldi are the Bavarian Soft Pretzels, the Strudels, Indulgent Cakes and Muesli. If you want to try some more popular German Week items check out the top 6 according to Reddit.
If you are in the mood for fall flavors you can check out these 50 (!!) Pumpkin Spice Items at Aldi.
Aldi Things To Buy During German Week
I really like a lot of the German Week foods at Aldi so I am sure to make some room in the freezer in advance! If you haven’t tried many of the German items at Aldi I would recommend planning a trip during German week and pick out a few that seem interesting.
I think you can’t go wrong if you stick to Deutsche Kuche brand items and just pick something that sounds good to you. If you need some more ideas check out the reviews at the bottom of the page (or at the bottom individual product pages) or check out some of the favorites from Reddit.
My must haves are the frozen cakes/desserts, the soft pretzels, and the strudels. The fall German Week has a lot of foods I haven’t tried from Aldi in the past. I think I will try out the Spaetzle, German Pickles, Frangipane Tarts, and probably a few more new ones. I’ll let you know what I think of them once they are available!
Aldi German Week Fall 2022: Oktoberfest!
Aldi’s Fall German Week starts the week of 9/21/2022! Here are the items that should be coming in the Fall Aldi German Week.
- Deutsche Küche Peanut Puffs $1.99
- Deutsche Küche Octoberfest Chocolate Characters $2.99
- Deutsche Küche Pickle Cheese or Mushroom Schupfnudeln $4.29
- Deutsche Küche Cheese or Garlic Sage Spaetzle $4.49
- Deutsche Küche German Style Pickles $3.49
- Deutsche Küche Raisin & Nut Müesli $3.29
- Deutsche Küche German Cream Cakes $7.99
- Deutsche Küche Imported Strudel $2.99
- Deutsche Küche Cherry or Apple Frangipane Tarts $3.69
- Deutsche Küche Apple Walnut or Bienenstich German Cakes $7.99
- Deutsche Küche Spinach & Ricotta or Artichoke & Cheese Savory Strudels $3.99
- Emporium Selection Beer Fondue $5.89 (probably not really German)
- Deutsche Küche Cabbage Blend or Warm Potato Salad $2.99
- Deutsche Küche German Lentil Vegetable or Lentil Chickpea Soup $2.79
- Deutsche Küche Jaffa Cakes- Orange or Raspberry $2.99
- Deutsche Küche Spritz Cookies $2.99
- Deutsche Küche Chocolate Covered Wafers $2.49
- Deutsche Küche Chocolate Wafer Rolls $2.49
- Deutsche Küche Nuremberg Bratwurst $2.99
- Deutsche Küche Pork Schnitzel $8.99
- Deutsche Küche Bavarian Soft Pretzels $4.49
- Deutsche Küche Egg Spaetzle $1.99
- Deutsche Küche Herring Fillets in Flavored Sauce $1.69
- Deutsche Küche Potato Sticks $1.49
- Deutsche Küche Chocolate or Dark Chocolate Dominos $2.99
- Deutsche Küche Doppelino Cookies $3.49
- Deutsche Küche Doppel Keks $2.99
- Deutsche Küche Sugar Roasted Octoberfest Almonds $2.89
Aldi German Week Spring 2022 [5/4/2022]
- Deutsche Küche Frozen Spätzle (Spaetzle)- Assorted Varieties $3.29
- Deutsche Küche Cabbage Blend or Warm Potato Salad $2.69
- Deutsche Küche Egg Spaetzle (Spätzle) $2.99
- Deutsche Küche German Style Red Cabbage Sauerkraut with Apples $2.49
- Deutsche Küche German Style Pickles ($3.49)
- Deutsche Küche German Lentil Vegetable or Lentil Chickpea Soup $2.19
- Deutsche Küche Peanut Puffs $1.99
- Deutsche Küche Bavarian Soft Pretzels or Pretzel Sticks $4.49
- Deutsche Küche Donauwelle or Bienenstich Indulgent Cake $3.79
- Deutsche Küche Imported Strudel Assorted Varieties $2.69
- Deutsche Küche Raisin & Nut Müesli $2.99
- Deutsche Küche Pork Schnitzel $8.99
- Deutsche Küche Doppel Keks ($2.49)
- Deutsche Küche Milk or Dark Chocolate Covered Wafers $2.49
- Deutsche Küche Dark or Milk Chocolate Wafer Rolls $1.99
- Deutsche Küche Doppelino Cookies Assorted Varieties ($2.99)
- Deutsche Küche Jaffa Cakes Orange or Raspberry ($2.49)
- Deutsche Küche Spritz Cookies Assorted Varieties ($2.49)
- Deutsche Küch Herbs of the Alps or Hash Brown Style Potato Sticks $1.49
- Deutsche Küche European Mustard Assorted Varieties $1.95
- Specially Selected German Mousse Cake Assorted Varieties $7.49
- L’oven Fresh Pretzel Breadsticks $2.99
- L’oven Fresh Pretzel Bagels $2.29
The items with the price in parentheses ($) are not listed as Aldi Finds but still show as available on 5/4/22. These items may not be Aldi Finds and will still be released on the same date or they may have been delayed.
It looked like my store did have spritz cookies but not Jaffa Cakes so if your store is missing some items they may be delayed, watch over the next few weeks for those to pop up.
Aldi also rotates through the beers that are available and sometimes have some good German-style beers that would go great with some of the savory dishes. I didn’t see any at my store this time so I picked up some Winking Owl Wine to go with the deserts.
Typically Aldi has a German Week twice a year. Usually one in the spring and one in the fall. Aldi’s spring German Week is usually within a month of easter (could be before or after). The Fall German Week at Aldi usually coincides with Octoberfest (which actually starts mid-September). In 2022 the Spring German Week was 5/4/2022 and the Fall German Week is 9/21/2022.
If you want to check in advance if the German Week products are available I like to start an online/pick up order at Aldi and see if the items I want show as available there. They will sometimes still be out of stock even if they show up on Aldi’s Instacart since it can’t account for people buying in store right away.
Oktoberfest starts in mid September running to the beginning of October. In 2022 the festival will run from 9/17/2022 to 10/3/2022.
Oktoberfest is a German Celebration that has spread around the world, but the original is in Munich, Germany.
I will be adding links to some of the products so you can get more information and leave reviews!
Latest German Week Product Reviews
Wish they were availible more often
I find the taste kind of low-key straight out of the bag, but I toss them with a little powdered sugar and they are awesome! It’s kind of like puppy chow chex mix but without the chocolate. I always buy a bag or three whenever I see them in stock.
As good as any you can buy fresh!
These have the authentic flavor and texture of the best German pretzels!
I usually stock up on them when I see them at ALDI!
Delicious Muesli Cereal
Delicious & healthy. I love this cereal & wish I could buy it every week.
i wish i could get these year round
Last trip to my Aldi’s I found they had Eggplant Schnitzel. Cooked it and created Eggplant Parmigiana.